Or Call (877) 307-0101 to start your free quote!
All About Moving in Summer
There are several facts due to which thousands or even millions of Americans decide to move during summer. With respect to other seasons, almost 20% of all yearly movements occur in this summer season.
Reason for Moving in Summer
There are a lot of reasons, due to which people prefer to move in summer:
- Schools are on vacation, it will be simpler for kids to move to a new location before the start of the next academic year.
- In summer, the housing market tends to improve, easier to sell your present home and discover your new ideal home.
- The weather is also important because most people prefer to move on warm days than cold ones!
Essential Guidelines for Summer Move
Make Plan in Advance
Moving is very busy throughout the summer, even working days are booked and weekends are reserved in advance. If you want to engage with a reputable cross country mover, inform them of your relocation plans and anticipated move-out date in advance. Your move can get much easier with this early booking process.
Don’t Choose Busy Days for the Move
The last weekend in July and Memorial Day weekend should be completely avoided as those are typically the busiest moving days of the year. Weekdays are less booked for a summer move than a weekend, so, you should prefer weekdays instead of weekends.
Get a Cheap & Reliable Moving Company
Take Warm Weather Moving Precautions
- Stay hydrated during the loading or unloading on the moving day. Keep water nearby, and fill it up frequently.
- Dress seasonally in airy, natural fabric that allows you to move freely and keep you cool.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat during the truck load. (Either you are watching OR taking part in the process)
What to Go & What not to Go with Move
Use the proper packing materials, balance heavy/light products and never put more than 23 kg into a single container. Keep in mind that some of your belongings could not go in the moving truck, such as electronics, and other heat-sensitive items. Get them with you in the car.
Prepare your New Home before the Move
Before moving, get the utilities ready at your new home. If you’re doing a local or interstate move, turn on the air conditioning the day before.
If not, be sure to turn it on as soon as you get there. When your new home will be cool, it will make you comfortable and keep you relaxed after the move.
Best Movers Period
This was by far the easiest move ever with Next Stop Moving! The men assigned to move our house made it so easy. They were patient with my 4 year old son who wanted to help. We were very pleased with the level of professionalism they showed us during our move. They are the kind of men that you had no worries about having them around my family. Good men. Good company. Very good experience for our family.
Anthony V. of Boca Raton, FL